Wednesday, July 29, 2009

TCM Notes : 7/29/09

  • I must say Tuesday was a great day for me. Not because ERY gapped up and confirmed my short oil bias, and certainly not because we are now up 13% on OCN. No, none of that. What made my day was the new platform rolled out by TDameritrade due to the acquisition of Think or Swim. And it's awesome! I have live futures quotes now, I have an active trader matrix, prophet charts, all kinds of risk tools, more bells and whistles, and it even has CNBC embedded into it! I'm like a pig in shit today! So as you can see I'm remotely pumped up about the new platform. Command Center was getting old, but I'll still run StrategyDesk alongside the TOS platform. This is going to take us to a new level as we have all the critical data inputs that we were lacking before. For instance I have time and sales and all that jazz on /QM(U9) (that's the front month on crude oil) right now and they are hitting the bid. 65.55 now down 1.68! I love it because I added more ERY @ 18.36 into the close (.02 off the low!) And it should gap up very nicely for me when the bell rings.
  • I've got some other trades I'm looking for setups in. CISG, RAX, UTA, VIT, EXAR are just a few. More to come, but it's very late as I type this and I'm hanging it up now.
  • I hope they give the Tomahawk chop to crude for the balance of the day today. Inventory numbers will be a key data point. And the whole CME / ICE cat fight in front of the CFTC is cute as well. That should keep some uncertainty in the crude ring. I say we see 60 before we see 70 again.